Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Ferrotec TOYO Malaysia Sdn Bhd. (“FTTM”) and any of the companies within FTTM (collectively, with FTTM hereinafter “Group” or “Company”) may collect, use, and protect the Personal Data of their customers and prospective customers, and such other persons whose Personal Data have been provided to the Group or the Company, including but not limited to, new job applicants. This Notice is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010.
- Personal Data
- The “Personal Data” that you provide or have provided to the Company includes your name, contact details, address, email address, NRIC number or passport number, gender, age, date of birth, job title, particulars of your spouse or family members, bank account details and any information which relates directly or indirectly to you, from which you may be identified or may be identifiable from that information, which is collected, recorded, held or stored by the Company.
- In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to the Company directly (whether at the time of registering with the Company as interested buyer or at the time of purchasing any product sold by the Company), or at the time of submission of your job application to the Company, as the case may be), the Company may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from third parties through referral or lawful sources, the Group’s appointed agents including but not limited to recruitment, property and other related third party, or at events, seminars, customer satisfaction surveys organized and/or sponsored or participated by the Company.
- Purpose Of Processing Of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data will be used and processed by the Company and/or the Group for the purposes as described below:
- for preparing and executing all such instruments, documents and agreements necessary for purpose of entering into transactions with the Company, including without limitation, sale and purchase transactions;
- to enable the Company to carry out or perform any services or functions for the purposes of or in connection with paragraph (1) above;
- for registration as the Company’s list of customers or prospective customers;
- for the Company’s internal administrative purposes, including human resource administrative purposes (in relation to Personal Data of new job applicants)
- for delivering important notices in relation to any changes of the Company’s terms, conditions or business/sale policies that may affect you;
- for the Company to communicate with you or contact you for all purposes set out above; and
- for the Company to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements relating to the Company’s provision of services and products under the requirements of any applicable laws, regulations, by-laws, guidelines, directions, or any court order applicable to the Company or the Group.
- It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to the Company. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, the Company may not be able to:
- carry out effectively the necessary agreements transacted with you such as sale and purchase agreements for sale of the Company’s property or product;
- provide you with the services that you requested from the Company;
- provide you with the notices or materials that you requested from the Company, if any; or
- communicate effectively with you.
- The Company may also process your personal data for the purposes as follows:
- for delivery to your invitation to the Company or Group’s program launches and events; or
- for delivery to your promotional materials and advertisements for the Company’s marketing purposes; or
- contact you in the future for any career prospects purposes.
- The Company shall communicate with you, for the purposes set out in paragraphs 2.1 and 2.3 above, either by way of email, messages, or ordinary mail.
- If you do not agree to the Company processing your Personal Data for any of the purposes set out in paragraph 2.3, please notify the Company.
- Disclosure Of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data provided to the Company or obtained by the Company shall be kept confidential by the Company. However, it may be necessary for the Company to disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the following parties where required for the purposes of and in connection with paragraph 2.1:
- Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri;
- banks and financial institutions;
- third party companies, entities or service providers engaged by the Company to perform certain services on the Company’s behalf, including the following:
- insurance providers;
- storage facility providers;
- external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors and legal firms;
- contractors or sub-contractors appointed by the Company.
Credit Reporting Agencies namely RAM Credit Information Sdn Bhd (RAMCI), CTOS Data Systems Sdn Bhd (CTOS) or any other credit reporting agency (CRA).
The Company shall also disclose and transfer the information to any relevant statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, local authorities and/or other governmental authorities where required, and any such person to whom the Company is required to do so pursuant to a directive or order of such statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, local authorities and/or other governmental authorities.
The Company may also disclose your Personal Data to other company or companies within the Group where it is necessary or appropriate to enable the Company to provide its product or service to you, or and for purposes of data storage or processing.
- Email And Website
- Any Personal Data provided via your registration through the Company’s Website (“Website”) and Any Personal Data contained in the emails and ‘Contact Us’ messages sent via the Company’s Website to the Company shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice. The content of the messages shall be strictly monitored by the Company.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies (as set out in paragraph 5) on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
- The Website may contain links to other sites and pages not owned by the Group.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to other entity via such Website links.
- We employ an industry standard technology called “cookies”. The cookie is a small piece of information stored on the hard drive of your computer or device for record-keeping purposes and is used by us to track your visits to the Website. Cookies may be used to save your preferences for your ease and convenience when using the Website. Third party advertising networks may issue their separate cookies to your hard drive when serving advertisements.
- The type of anonymous clickstream data collected by us through the cookies may include your Internet Protocol address, web browser software, date and time of visit to the Website, and whether your requests (including search requests and clicking on links to parts of the Website) were met with success. All such information collected through cookies is not Personal Data and you cannot be identified from this information. Such information is only used for the purpose of managing and creating a better user experience and to identify areas for improvement on the Website.
- Security And Retention Of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data provided to the Company or obtained by the Company shall be kept secured by the Company through reasonable and appropriate administrative and security measures and procedures to prevent any unauthorized or unlawful processing, loss of or damage to, your Personal Data and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data.
- Any Personal Data provided by you to the Company shall be retained by the Company for as long as the fulfilment of the purposes stated in paragraphs 2.1 and/or 2.3 above is required, or if such retention is necessary pursuant to any legal, regulatory, or accounting requirements.
- Request For Access And Inquiries
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data provided to us is accurate, complete, not misleading, up-to-date and reliable as possible. The accuracy of your Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. However, you may at any time hereafter request access to, or request rectification or correction of your Personal Data, or limit the processing of your Personal Data by the Company, as the case may be, subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable law.
You may also contact the Company if you have any inquiries or complaints with respect of your Personal Data provided to the Company or the Group.
- Please note that the Company has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under applicable law. The Company shall inform you in writing on the reason of their refusal for you to make any corrections to your Personal Data.
Amendment To Notice
The Company reserves the right to amend, update or modify this Notice from time to time without prior notice to you.
In the event there are any inconsistencies between the Notice in English language and the Notice in Bahasa Melayu, the Notice in English language shall prevail in respect of such inconsistencies.
The Company cannot and does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access, interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control.
The parties herein agree that they shall at all times seek to protect and preserve the confidentiality, and privacy of personal data; however, in the event of any unforeseen and unintentional breach of the Website and Personal Data in particular, through cyber-crimes, the Parties agree that no legal action shall be taken against the Company, absent of any gross negligence or wrongdoing on the part of the Company and/or Group.
By providing your Personal Data to the Company and/or Group and/or continuing access to the Website, you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner set out in this Policy.